Barton Publishing is seeking to hire a Marketing Director to oversee all things marketing under the Barton Publishing brand of products and affiliated products.
Since 2004, Barton has actively helped hundreds of thousands of people to regain health through natural and alternative methods, through our websites, information products (ebooks and books), nutritional supplements, and JV partnerships.
In 2018, we will be focusing on growing our partnered brand of frequency-enhanced beauty and skincare products, expanding our line of nutritional supplements, refreshing and expanding the creative marketing efforts of our health information products, and advancing new initiatives in the personal and spiritual growth niche.
We’re looking for the RIGHT person who feels called and qualified to join us in our mission in this key position!
Desired Skills & Experience
- Proven track record of growing sales and profits in a direct to consumer/direct marketing environment
- Previous P+L responsibility for sales of $5 million or higher
- At least 5 years experience as a leader in a Marketing role (although years of experience matter less, results are what we're after)
- Direct marketing expert... Strong knowledge of and experience with direct marketing including multi-channel marketing / selling
- Online marketing experience with P&L management of SEO, SEM, social, CPA, affiliate, and especially email
- Excellent analytical skills including financial analysis, competitive intelligence and market research as well as experience with analytic tools like Google Analytics
- Strong MS Excel skills (macros, v-lookups, pivot tables, etc)
- Proven project management skills - ability to manage multiple projects with different resources, third party vendors, priorities and timelines
- Off-line marketing experience (direct mail, catalog, radio, tv, etc)
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Great communication skills... clear written and verbal communication
- Proven understanding and skills in direct response copywriting
- Unstoppable and results focused... thrive, not just perform under pressure
- Passion or interest in natural health (if you take a ton of prescription meds you won’t be a fit here)
What You'll Be Doing:
- Increase sales, profits, market share, brand recognition of company products and services
- Provide leadership to the marketing team (employees and contractors), motivating each member to provide excellence and a #Win attitutide
- Be part of our Product Development Team (identify emerging markets, select or develop new products, execute new product marketing launches, etc)
- Develop and execute marketing plans for all products in accordance with business priorities (Core Values) and within budget and calendar deadlines
- Utilize existing marketing team as well as execute on your own (you need to LOVE getting your hands dirty in the data, the marketing, writing and critiquing copy, etc)
- Define business strategy using key learnings and trends uncovered
It’s vitally important that our team members share the same core values, which include:
- Having a Kingdom mindset (Living according to God’s Word)
- Helping people!
- G.S.D.R. - Get Stuff Done Right!
- Fun PosiTude! - self-explanatory!
- #Win - We love win-win-win solutions!
If you feel you would be a good fit and would like to be considered for this opportunity, or have questions, please email a note with a link to your LinkedIn profile to Joe Barton, the founder and CEO, at [email protected] - be sure to include the phrase "Buddy the Elf" in your email! That is important!!!